I was asked by the National Association of Wedding Professionals to film the event, “Pinterest Live” in Charlotte, NC. The main theme of the event was the analog Pinterest Board, designed by RoShel Events, using images from each booth designed by the various vendors that participated. I photographed and printed the images on site so people could vote for their favorites by sticking “red pins” under the pictures on the board. Much Fun! There were many prizes given away, delicious desserts to sample and a runway fashion show!
I was granted this wonderful opportunity to film this staged shoot by Roshel Events and the fine folks at Anne Springs Close, to showcase The Oakroom, as a beautiful wedding reception venue. The Oakroom is located at the Fort Mill Golf Club, nestled in the picturesque town of Fort Mill, SC, part of the Anne Springs Close Greenway properties.
Dress: Impressions Bridal and Prom
Flowers: The Flower Diva
Shoot Design: RoShel Events
Paper: Sweetest Beginnings
Rentals: Creative Solutions
Hair and makeup: Sweet Southern Glam
Everyday we speak with soon to be brides and grooms about their wedding budget. When a planner isn’t involved, even as a photography and videography company, we help our clients with getting what they want within their budget. We refer them to other wedding vendors we have worked with, find specials for them on invitations, and help weed out unnecessary “extras”. We are by no means wedding planners but we know enough to offer some great advice and to be sure our clients can have great photography and aren’t boxed into any one type of package. We just wanted to share some of these tips and let you know our pricing is some of the most flexible in the industry.
So, you want a fantasy wedding but then realize that your budget is just a fantasy too. You have this “picture perfect” scene in mind for the day you will marry the woman or man of your dreams – but then the bubble pops with the first dollar sign. So you have to learn to prioritize what you absolutely have to have and those things that are just “fluff”.
- Pretend you live in a perfect world and could have everything you want at your wedding and from your wedding vendors. Estimate the cost and after you pick yourself off the floor from the shock – start taking away things that are just not that important or won’t have as much impact.
- Remember this is your and your fiance’s day – period. Unless someone else is footing the bill for all those little extras they suggest – you have to decide what is important to you. We know you want to make everyone happy – but not at your expense!
- Figure out why you want certain things in your wedding. Is it for religious reasons? To please parents? Because you think you “have to”? If the “why” is very important then it is very important that those things are left in the budget.
- Are you crafty? There are so many GREAT ideas for DIY weddings! Just be sure you have the time, the patience, and that it will actually save you money! But trust us disposable cameras and paper plates aren’t the way to go! There’s nothing like 1000 blurry pictures of people with food in their laps!
- Are your vendors flexible? Do they all force you into a box with packages that don’t come close to what you actually want? Then keep looking or let them know ahead of time what you do want and what you don’t want. For example – we realize that not everyone wants a huge 16″ x 20″ print – so we let them switch it out for other sizes that equal the same amount of “paper”.
- Realize the most important thing on your wedding day is the vows that you are making to your significant other and the life you will have together. Its your day and if you want to do cartwheels down the aisle that is YOUR choice! So it can be as elaborate or as simple as you want.
- Hire a wedding planner – seriously – they are AWESOME at getting the most for your money and you save money because of hiring them. Not to mention – you get to actually enjoy your day.
These are just a few things that we hope can help with planning your budget and your wedding. Our packages are very flexible and we work with you to get everything you want – without breaking the bank on things you don’t want. We also offer bridal makeup at no additional cost to the bride so you can look your best all day.
Sile and Thierry, both from Togo, Africa, were great to meet and so easy to work with! As they both earned their degree in teaching from UNC Charlotte, we chose the boardwalk at University Place, Charlotte as the backdrop for their engagement session on this windy and chilly late winter’s day. With a little sunshine and a warm attitude, they were such troopers! You couldn’t even tell they were cold. We are so excited to be shooting their wedding! Congratulations you two!
What a great styled shoot!
A few weeks ago we were invited by Heather Guthrie with At The Heels Weddings and Events to photograph this goth inspired session at the breathtaking Ivy Place, near
Lancaster, SC. It was an absolute pleasure to work with all of the professionals there including PA Reavis Designs, Creative Solutions, Knipt Salon, Aubre’s Bridal, Pink
Warrior Makeup Artist, Wow Factor Cakes, and of course, At The Heels and the wonderful staff of the Ivy Place.
Although it was really cold that day and the wind was howling, the amazing Lydia Catanzarite, our model for the goth inspired shoot, never faltered and nailed the look
perfectly. I was going for a darker look with some shots and a “grungy” look in others to help showcase the look we were going for.
This was definitely one of the most fun shoots I’ve been on because of the edginess of this kick butt, rock-n-roll, goth inspired shoot, combined with Heather’s creativity and
the professionalism of all involved! Looking forward to the next one!