It was the perfect day for a Spring Wedding at Oak Ridge Farm Bed & Breakfast located in Mooresville near Charlotte, NC. The sun was shining, the flowers were in bloom, the stage was set – and most importantly the bride was glowing. Jerrica gently tucked a piece of hair back into place, checked herself in the mirror one last time and made her way down the stairs where she would begin the walk toward her new life with Sam.
Jerrica in her beautiful, romantic wedding dress – walked down the simple yet elegant aisle. The guitarist played beautifully as she made her way down to marry the love of her life with all of her bridesmaids, groomsmen, and most importantly her groom waiting for her. Jerrica was escorted and then given away by her grandfather with a tear in his eye. They said their “I Do’s”, kissed and walked down the aisle as a married couple.
The reception was filled with laughter, dancing, love, tears and beautiful memories of loved ones coming together to honor this sweet couple. All the bridal party made the day fun and light. Jerrica and Sam were just happy to be together and starting a new chapter in their lives. We were touched by all the sweet kisses and whispers and most importantly how much they loved being together. Thank you Jerrica and Sam for allowing us to be your wedding photographer and congratulations to you both!
Photography – Bollinger Images, LLC
Wedding Planner – At The Heels Wedding & Events
Venue – Oak Ridge Bed & Breakfast
Onsite Hair and Makeup – Pink Warrior Makeup Artistry
Everyday we speak with soon to be brides and grooms about their wedding budget. When a planner isn’t involved, even as a photography and videography company, we help our clients with getting what they want within their budget. We refer them to other wedding vendors we have worked with, find specials for them on invitations, and help weed out unnecessary “extras”. We are by no means wedding planners but we know enough to offer some great advice and to be sure our clients can have great photography and aren’t boxed into any one type of package. We just wanted to share some of these tips and let you know our pricing is some of the most flexible in the industry.
So, you want a fantasy wedding but then realize that your budget is just a fantasy too. You have this “picture perfect” scene in mind for the day you will marry the woman or man of your dreams – but then the bubble pops with the first dollar sign. So you have to learn to prioritize what you absolutely have to have and those things that are just “fluff”.
- Pretend you live in a perfect world and could have everything you want at your wedding and from your wedding vendors. Estimate the cost and after you pick yourself off the floor from the shock – start taking away things that are just not that important or won’t have as much impact.
- Remember this is your and your fiance’s day – period. Unless someone else is footing the bill for all those little extras they suggest – you have to decide what is important to you. We know you want to make everyone happy – but not at your expense!
- Figure out why you want certain things in your wedding. Is it for religious reasons? To please parents? Because you think you “have to”? If the “why” is very important then it is very important that those things are left in the budget.
- Are you crafty? There are so many GREAT ideas for DIY weddings! Just be sure you have the time, the patience, and that it will actually save you money! But trust us disposable cameras and paper plates aren’t the way to go! There’s nothing like 1000 blurry pictures of people with food in their laps!
- Are your vendors flexible? Do they all force you into a box with packages that don’t come close to what you actually want? Then keep looking or let them know ahead of time what you do want and what you don’t want. For example – we realize that not everyone wants a huge 16″ x 20″ print – so we let them switch it out for other sizes that equal the same amount of “paper”.
- Realize the most important thing on your wedding day is the vows that you are making to your significant other and the life you will have together. Its your day and if you want to do cartwheels down the aisle that is YOUR choice! So it can be as elaborate or as simple as you want.
- Hire a wedding planner – seriously – they are AWESOME at getting the most for your money and you save money because of hiring them. Not to mention – you get to actually enjoy your day.
These are just a few things that we hope can help with planning your budget and your wedding. Our packages are very flexible and we work with you to get everything you want – without breaking the bank on things you don’t want. We also offer bridal makeup at no additional cost to the bride so you can look your best all day.